[CMake] /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.5' not found

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Oct 29 15:19:25 EDT 2013

On 10/29/2013 2:33 PM, Izaak Beekman wrote:

> I am having a similar problem to Chandan, except I am trying to
> establish a dashboard for the intel compilers on RHEL5 x86_64 Linux. I
> can't seem to successfully point the CMake build to the version of
> libstdc++ that has the correct interface. Any help on this issue would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM, <cmake-request at cmake.org
> <mailto:cmake-request at cmake.org>> wrote:
>
>     Dear cmake users,
>
>     I am having trouble in installing cmake on Linux (Red Hat Enterprise
>     Linux
>     AS release 4, 2.6.9-42.ELsm) x86_64 machine. Till now I have installed
>     cmake on many occasion, but never faced such trouble.

This does not sound like a cmake issue...   Sounds like a compiler
install issue.

Things to look for:

- What compiler is being used by the bootstrap script?
- Are the c and c++ compilers consistent?
- You can control which compiler is used via CC and CXX env vars.

Seems really strange to me that you have to do this stuff:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/sudip/bin/gcc/481/lib:home/sudip/bin/gcc/481/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LDFLAGS="-L/home/sudip/bin/gcc/481/lib
-L/home/sudip/bin/gcc/481/lib64"
export CPPFLAGS="-I/home/sudip/bin/gcc/481/include"*

The compiler should work without any of that being set.

bootstrap is pretty simple.  It builds a minimal version of cmake, then
runs that cmake to do a full build of cmake.  The cmake you are getting
out of the initial build is failing to run because it has some sort of
GLIBC mismatch in it.

-Bill