[CMake] CPACK_NSIS_DEFINES

Mark Stijnman mark.stijnman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 04:03:20 EDT 2013

Dear all,

I need to add some options to my NSIS installer, and noticed in the
NSIS.template.in there is a variable CPACK_NSIS_DEFINES that looked
suitable. Even though it doesn't appear to be documented, I've found
mentions online of users who have used this variable for similar purposes
(for example http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2009-April/028592.html
 and http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=5939). However, for me it
doesn't work, its contents don't make it into the project.nsi file at all.
If I check the source code in cmCPackNSISGenerator.cxx, I see that its
value is overwritten in function PackageFiles. Anyone here who has used it
in the past? And when did it stop working? Is this supposed to work at all?

regards Mark