[CMake] include library directories are wrong

ishi soichi soichi777 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 07:03:25 EDT 2013

cmake 2.8.12
MacOSX 10.8.5
gcc i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2
OpenCV 2.4.3

Hi. I am new to cmake. Now I am trying to build a system that requires
OpenCV.
Source codes are separated into several modules, so cmake can make my life
easier.

running

cmake .

in the project directory seems ok, giving,

% cmake .
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/soichi/Dropbox/OpenCV/project1

but running "make" gives

% make
make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/local/lib/libopencv_calib3d.dylib', needed by
`DetectRegions_Desktop'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/DetectRegions_Desktop.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

cmake cannot find libopencv_calib3d.dylib . Of course the problem is the
library directory. which is NOT /usr/local/lib/ but IS
/Users/soichi/OpenCV-2.4.3/release/lib

This should be a basic question but I need to ask.

Where do I need to specify the directory of external library?

More specifically, it should be something like

OpenCV_LIB_DIR =???