[CMake] cmake-2.8.12: generator expression error when linker flags have comma

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Sun Oct 20 21:55:03 EDT 2013

David, your reply failed to set In-Reply-To or References headers, and
is thus not threaded with the conversation it purports to reply to,
meaning that it skipped my inbox.  If this was not intentional, you may
want to check your mail client settings.

David Cole <dlrdave at aol.com> writes:

> One question about the test, though: are those linker flags simply
> ignored by non-gcc compilers? I don't see anything in the CMakeLists
> file for the test that determines whether the linker interprets
> -Wl,--start-group etc. properly...?

No, this is not a portable linker flag.  A more portable flag that is
also sufficient to trigger the bug is

  -L/directory,with,commas