[CMake] CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Returning Blank??

Pettey . Lucas LPettey at drc.com
Thu Oct 17 12:42:37 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to set some default variables based on the platform being used. I am trying the following syntax:

IF(${CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME} MATCHES "Darwin")
    # Mac OS X specific code
    SET(OperatingSystem "Mac OS X")
    message(STATUS "WORKS OK")
    IF(${CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR } MATCHES "Intel")
        # Intel Mac OS X specific code
        SET(Processor "Intel")
        message(status "Works even better")
    ENDIF(${CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR } MATCHES "Intel")

ENDIF(${CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME} MATCHES "Darwin")

But on a Mac OS X system with an Intel processor, I am not receiving any messages. In fact, CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME and CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR appear to be blank on my mac and the UNIX cluster I tried them on. Am I missing a crucial step in determining the platform?

Thanks,
Lucas
This electronic message transmission and any attachments that accompany it contain information from DRC® (Dynamics Research Corporation) or its subsidiaries, or the intended recipient, which is privileged, proprietary, business confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure and is the exclusive property of DRC and/or the intended recipient. The information in this email is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity that is the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, retention, or copying of this communication, attachments, or substance is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please immediately reply to the author via email that you received the message by mistake and also promptly and permanently delete this message and all copies of this email and any attachments. We thank you for your assistance and apologize for any inconvenience.