[CMake] 2.8.11: CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCC AND CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX Value Changed

vv zhao vvvvv8155 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 02:45:32 EDT 2013

Hi Guys,

I'm v.v., a developer using cmake to generate our project,

Recently we updated our cmake from 2.8.8 to 2.8.11 on Mac, immediately I
found a difference between the latest and previous version,

I see CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCC AND CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX is changed from
true to false, but I didn't change my compiler at all, I am using XCode4.5
and select com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0
as CMAKE_XCODE_ATTRIBUTE_GCC_VERSION in toolchain file,

So my question here is: Is this a correct behaviour for latest 2.8.11
that CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCC AND CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX is false?

BTW, I read all of documents from 2.8.8 to 2.8.11 about this variable, but
seems no explicit description about this change,

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

V.V.