[CMake] Setting compiler for cmake

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sat Oct 5 18:52:03 EDT 2013

outro pessoa <outro.pessoa at gmail.com>
writes:

> The problem is this:
> I am trying to port traverso-daw to FreeBSD-10.x. I have to edit the CMake
> variables. Since the project is not mine, I need to work with a patched
> version. I have tried getting in contact with the original developer.
> Okay, do I need to clear out the CMakeTmp files?

If you started with an empty build directory and set the compiler to
clang, no, you don't need to clean anything. Why should you do?

Is clang/clang++ the default compiler for FreeBSD-10? Maybe the cmake
version you are using does not know about that fact and insists on using
gcc/g++. If that's the problem, set CC and CXX environment variables (or
CMAKE_C_COMPILER and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER cmake variables ) as I explained
on a previous message upon your *first* invocation of cmake on a clean
build directory and it should just work. If it doesn't, please show the
exact command you executed and its output.