[CMake] Getting Proper set of libraries when symlinks are involved

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Feb 26 09:19:30 EST 2013

I am trying to deploy an application using HDF5 libraries. For reasons that I can not figure out I seem to not be able to use static libraries so I am trying to figure out the dynamic libraries. The HDF5 installation has the following:

lrwxrwxrwx. 1 mjackson mjackson      16 Feb 26 08:57 libhdf5.so -> libhdf5.so.7.4.0*
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 mjackson mjackson 3076781 Feb 26 08:53 libhdf5.so.1.8.10*
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 mjackson mjackson      17 Feb 26 08:57 libhdf5.so.7.4.0 -> libhdf5.so.1.8.10*

The issue is that my cmake find module is finding the libhdf5.so symlink and copies that into my deployment directory. The issue is that I really need BOTH the symlink and the actual library for the application to execute.

  Does anyone have any code or suggestions on how to get all three "files" from the hdf5 installation directory and keep all the symlinks in tact? I don't think I use "BundleUtilities" for the linux deployment but would that help?

Thanks