[CMake] Problem in configuring VTK with Visual Studio 2010, Windows 7 64bit.

amitsuveer amitsuveer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 14:07:44 EST 2013

I am using cmake-2.8.10.2-win32-x86 and vtk-5.10.1.

I am trying to configure VTK, I have installed Visual Studio 10 (not the
express version, the full one along with SP1), with x64 support. However,
when selecting Visual Studio 10 (for 32 bit)or Visual Studio 10 x64 and
choosing the default native compilers, I have the following errors.

-------------------------------
Error in configuration process, project files may be invalid

The C compiler identification is unknown
The CXX compiler identification is unknown
Performing Test Support for 64 bit file systems
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake:37
(get_filename_component):
  get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT)

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
Performing Test Support for 64 bit file systems - Failed
Performing Test VTK_CONST_REVERSE_ITERATOR_COMPARISON
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake:37
(get_filename_component):
  get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT)

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
Performing Test VTK_CONST_REVERSE_ITERATOR_COMPARISON - Failed
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake:37
(get_filename_component):
  get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT)

.
.