[CMake] Cannot generate build files because of CPack related errors

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 13:55:40 EST 2013

2013/2/14 David Cole <dlrdave at aol.com>:
> Looks like the values of CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_README and
> CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_LICENSE are not set to full path values. Since the
> directory may be different when CPack runs, they should be specified as full
> path values, i.e. "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/README" instead of "README".

David is right.
Source code is accessible here:
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/c/

> Is that the problem? What are your values for those variables?

After changing
IF(EXISTS "COPYING")
  SET(CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_LICENSE     "COPYING")
ELSE(EXISTS "COPYING")
  SET(CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_LICENSE     "LICENSE.mysql")
ENDIF(EXISTS "COPYING")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_FILE    "README")
IF(EXISTS "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/COPYING")
  SET(CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_LICENSE     "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/COPYING")
ELSE(EXISTS "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/COPYING")
  SET(CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_LICENSE     "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/LICENSE.mysql")
ENDIF(EXISTS "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/COPYING")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_DESCRIPTION_FILE    "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/README")

it can be configure, but then I have a bunch of compile error I do not have time
to investigate.

Note that the source tarball is polluted with a lot of cmake-generated file:
 CMakeFiles, Makefile, cmake_install.cmake, ....

which looks seems to have been left over after an in-source build.
May be you should ask for a cleaner repackaging of this source tarball.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org