[CMake] Building Mac OSX .apps for Sys 10.6 and 10.8 with Cmake using 10.7.5 on the command line

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Feb 8 14:00:31 EST 2013

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 10:53:16 -0800, Ed said:

>> I've never heard of "CMAKE_OSX_64" and google has only 7 results…
>
>"CMAKE_OSX_64" is just a variable in the cmakelists.txt file which is
>converted to ARCH=X86_64.
>Does this variable need to be set to CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES=X86_64
>instead of ARCH=X86_64?

If you want to build as x86_64 you should set CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to x86_64.

>"Check with the developer to make sure OpenCPN works with this version
>of Mac OS X.  You may need to reinstall the application.  Be sure to
>install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X."
>I cannot build the i386 version because wxWidgets 2.9.4 only supports
>X86_64 and the 2.8.12 (which only supports i386) version of wxWidgets is
>very buggy for the more Modern OS X operating systems.

Are you sure all the various libraries you're linking with were also built with the correct deployment target?

You should also try 'lipo -info /path/to/file' to make sure your app/libraries are built for the architecture you expect.

>> <http://www.clarkcox.com/blog/2009/06/23/sdks-and-deployment-targets/>
>
>I read the whole page at the Web link you mentioned but it does not
>apply to this problem as it does not use Cmake and the article is over 3
>years old which makes it obsolete.

It is not obsolete.  It explains the OS X concepts of deployment and SDK correctly (you appeared to be unfamiliar with them); these concepts have been around for many years.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com