[CMake] Building Mac OSX .apps for Sys 10.6 and 10.8 with Cmake using 10.7.5 on the command line

Ed sbfreddie at comcast.net
Fri Feb 8 12:22:12 EST 2013

Sean:
Sorry for the misdirection, Mail has some Idiosyncrasies I haven't quite figured out yet.

Here is what I tried:
cmake -DCMAKE_OSX_64=ON -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6 -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=/usr/bin/gcc -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/usr/bin/g++ ..

It built fine and runs on 10.7.5 but does not run on 10.6.  10.6 barfs with usual message saying this app was not built for this architecture.
Do you suppose it could not find what it needs to build the 10.6 64 bit binaries?  Would it give some kind of error message if it could not find the 10.6 SDK?
Do I have to tell it were to find the 10.6 SDK?

So many questions, and no answers on the cmake Website.

Thanks,
Freddie