[CMake] Running CPack and ignore exit codes

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 14:57:35 EST 2013

2013/2/6 NoRulez <norulez at me.com>:
> You're right. Normally I do not ignore errors, but in some situations if
> unit tests and/or parts of new libraries are under development, on some
> platforms they won't compile/link, but the main application is still stable
> and could be packaged. I think you know what I mean. It is not my decision.
>
> How could I overwrite it?

If you know that some project or component of a project
shall not be packaged then you can
set CPACK_INSTALL_CMAKE_PROJECTS.
The expected content is a list of quadruplet
see cpack --help-variable CPACK_INSTALL_CMAKE_PROJECTS

Its defaul value is "<buildtree>; <projectName>; ALL; /"

You can overwrite it with your own value.
(In CMakeLists.txt or on CPack command line, command line value
 should has higher priority than value found in CPackConfig.cmake)

the "ALL" is a component name so that you can chose to install
only some component of the concerned project.

You should be able to put as many quadruplet as you want in there.

> Am 06.02.2013 um 20:23 schrieb David Cole <dlrdave at aol.com>:
>
> My advice to you would be not to ignore the errors.

I would say that as well.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org