[CMake] Is INSTALL_RPATH Meant to be Relative to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX?

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Tue Feb 5 06:12:57 EST 2013

Hi all,

I found code that sets LIB_INSTALL_DIR to a relative path ("lib" or
"lib64"), then later calls FindKDE4Internal.cmake where
CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH is set to LIB_INSTALL_DIR and ultimatelysets the
rpath of a library to something containing the relative path "lib".
Was that relative path meant to be relative to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX?
It does look like the software in question and FindKDE4Internal.cmake
expect it to be relative to the prefix. I'm attaching a patch that
takes the prefix into account when creating the rpath and solved my
issue of having a relative rpath component.

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

David E. Narváez