[CMake] find_path() to search include path failed

hce jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 00:33:05 EDT 2012

Andreas Pakulat-2 wrote

> You can find extensive explanation where find_path works on the different
> platforms in the CMake documentation:
> http://cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.8/cmake.html#command:find_path

Thanks Andreas, but I am not looking for how to use find_path command. What
I really want to know is the function mechanism that the find_path used to
search the library include path. Does the find_path look at Linux
environment PATH to find the include path, or does the find_path look at
environment LD_LIBRARY_PATH to decide whether the include path exists or
not?

I try to debug my library setting while it has already been set in Linux
environment PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but the find_path could not find it.
Having said that, it is not find_path problem, it is my library setting
problem, I try to fix my library setting, but I have to know the algorithm
the find_path

Thank you.