[CMake] cmake -E copy with file permission changes

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:32:52 EST 2012

We use perforce for our source control, and perforce typically syncs files
as read only until you check them out for editing.

During our build process we copy a few scripts from the source tree to the
build tree using 'cmake -E copy' in an 'add_custom_command'.  This works
famously until we try to run a clean command from within Visual Studio.  At
this point VS complains that it can't remove a read only file.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

There doesn't seem to be a way to use 'cmake -E' to change permissions.
Would I have to create my own cmake script to run 'configure_file COPYONLY'?

Thanks,
James