[CMake] RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY and Visual Studio Express

Clifford Yapp cliffyapp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 15:08:27 EST 2012

OK, I have switched my assignment to a full path form, and using
get_target_property to pull the value of RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY
indicates that the value is correct:

target_runtime_output_dir: C:/Users/User/brlcad/brlcad-build/lib

The lib and exp files are going to the right place:
Creating library C:/Users/User/brlcad/brlcad-build/lib/regex.lib and
object C:/Users/User/brlcad/brlcad-build/lib/regex.exp

Despite this, I'm still seeing the dll output in bin:
regex.vcxproj -> C:\Users\User\brlcad\brlcad-build\bin\regex.dll

Would a local RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY setting be overridden by
setting the toplevel CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY* variables?  We do
set those at the top level to define our overall layout.

Thanks,
CY