[CMake] Bug fix requests for the *next* release of CMake...

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Jan 27 12:37:05 EST 2012

On 01/23/2012 11:29 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:
>> I do not know if it is too late to require bugfix for the next release
>> or even whether this bug is known (a quick browsing of buzilla shows
>> nothing and the git sources still contain the bug), but in any case.
>>
>> In cmake-2.8.6, the module FindLAPACK.cmake contains the lines:
>>
>> if (CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME STREQUAL "Linux")
>>     # for ubuntu's libblas3gf and liblapack3gf packages
>>     set(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES} .so.3gf)
>> endif ()
>
> AFAICS this just adds another suffix, but will not remove an existing one, so
> this should not make anything go undetected that was detected before. You can
> try yourself if you just comment out this lines.
>
> I think this may be something entirely different, that I have seen today for
> completely unrelated modules: if the library is in /usr/lib64 like on my
> openSuSE 12.1, the library is sometimes not detected. When trying it on my
> machine at home it works like a charm. I've not entirely understood what was
> wrong there and had no time yet to debug this.

It's a typo in 2.8.6 fixed in 2.8.7:

$ diff ./cmake-2.8.6/Modules/FindLAPACK.cmake
./cmake-2.8.7/Modules/FindLAPACK.cmake
83c83
<         set(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES .lib ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRRAY_SUFFIXES})
---
 >         set(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES .lib ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES})
86c86
<         set(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES .lib ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRRAY_SUFFIXES})
---
 >         set(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES .lib ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES})
88c88
<         set(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES .a ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRRAY_SUFFIXES})
---
 >         set(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES .a ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES})
93c93
<         set(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRRAY_SUFFIXES} .so.3gf)
---
 >         set(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES} .so.3gf)

May be time to push 2.8.7 to F16.

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com