[CMake] CPACK and NSIS: Download a msi-installer and install it didn't work

Ralf Lange ralf.lange at longsoft.de
Wed Jan 25 10:16:24 EST 2012

Hello,
I will prepare a windows installer for my application. The application
need GStreamer for Windows. The installer has to download the installer
and start the installer.
I have add the following command to the CMakeLists.txt file:

SET(CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS "

NSISdl::download http://ossbuild.googlecode.com/files/GStreamer-WinBuilds-GPL-x86.msi $INSTDIR\\\\GStreamer-WinBuilds-GPL-x86.msi
ExecWait 'msiexec /i \\\"$INSTDIR\\\\GStreamer-WinBuilds-GPL-x86.msi\\\" /passive '
Delete \\\"$INSTDIR\\\\GStreamer-WinBuilds-GPL-x86.msi\\\"
")

But when I start the installer, there is no download, no installation and no error message.

What's the reason?

Thanks

Ralf Lange
Dresden, Germany