[CMake] cpack deb and multiarch support

felix felix.schwitzer at gmx.at
Thu Dec 27 12:22:19 EST 2012

I build and pack my software (a library) with cmake/cpack and it works great,
thanx for this great tool.
But I'm not able to build a multiarch-debian package.

My install directives are multiarch aware (using GNUInstallDirs) and I build
the library on different buildmachines, so
no crosscompiling is involved.
After running cpack an such a native build I can install my package on a
ubuntu-box, even a i368-deb on a 64-bit system,
but I'm not able to co-install i368- and amd64-deb in parallel on the same
machine.
dpkg mentions that the package is not multiarch and after inspecting
the generated control file I discovered that the field "Multi-Arch" is
missing and I don't know how to set it.

Did I overlook a CPACK_DEBIAN_??? configuration variable or is this feature
simply missing in cpack (cmake 2.8.10)?

Thx
Felix