[CMake] Set dmg background with CPack

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 12:38:48 EST 2012

2012/12/23 Alexey Petruchik <i100500 at gmail.com>:
> Hi, all. I'm creating dmg using CPack via setting CPACK_GENERATOR to
> DragNDrop.
> I need to set background image for dmg. I'm trying to use
> CPACK_DMG_BACKGROUND_IMAGE. It actually copies background.png to dmg and
> makes it hidden. But when I mount generated dmg I still have white
> background instead of picture. Any reason why it is not working? Are there
> any tutorials how generate fancy drag'n'drop dmg via cpack?

I'm no MacOS expert but the doc says:

cpack --help-variable CPACK_DMG_BACKGROUND_IMAGE
cpack version 2.8.10.20121212-gdaf17b
  CPACK_DMG_BACKGROUND_IMAGE
       Path to a background image file

       This file will be used as the background for the Finder Window when
       the disk image is opened.  By default no background image is set.  The
       background image is applied after applying the custom .DS_Store file.

and:
cpack version 2.8.10.20121212-gdaf17b
  CPACK_DMG_DS_STORE
       Path to a custom DS_Store file

       This .DS_Store file e.g.  can be used to specify the Finder window
       position/geometry and layout (such as hidden toolbars, placement of
       the icons etc.).  This file has to be generated by the Finder (either
       manually or through OSA-script) using a normal folder from which the
       .DS_Store file can then be extracted.

do you play with CPACK_DMG_DS_STORE already?

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org