[CMake] Install target and absolute paths in install names (Mac Os X)

Bastian A. bastianra at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:06:02 EST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to understand how I can control which install names will be
modified by CMake when running install( targets ...) on a library target on
Mac Os X.
The library I am installing depends on several other libraries which are
CMake targets themselves. As I would expect the absolute path information
is stripped from the install name.
However for external dependencies (all installed below /usr/local/), some
have their path stripped, while the qt libraries retain an absolute path
(/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.3/lib/...).

How can I change the way install(targets ...) edits install names of
libraries?

Best,
Bastian