[CMake] Why is XXX_INCLUDE_DIRS plural and should it be deep?

esatel eli at water.ca.gov
Fri Dec 14 20:29:43 EST 2012

I see the advantages. I think I will do what you suggest for languages.

As far as cascading, I see it both ways and I think I'll be more productive
if I abandon the idea that there is a best practice for this. It isn't THAT
hard to make it right either way. If you know your dependencies (e.g. HDF5)
didn't do it you can always patch it up at a higher level in FindNetCDF or
CMakeLists.txt. It is a surprising gap though since so much of how FindXXX
is written is standarized.