[CMake] Testing Qt 5 RC 1 CMake files

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Dec 11 17:34:37 EST 2012

I took a peek at building it earlier with Qt5.

I started making changes and one of the more surprising ones was that
#include <QtGui/QWidget>
pulled in my Qt4 QWidget from /usr/include/QtGui/QWidget.
Instead of Qt5's QtWidgets/QWidget.  That led to confusing linker errors.

I got as far as trying to build some examples, but many of the examples seem
to be broken.  Does anyone know if the master branch has become stable and
whether functionality and examples have been restored since the start of the
breaking modularization changes months ago?
I stopped when I saw these kinds of build problems.

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 05:24:37 PM David Cole wrote:
> In VTK 'master' -- if you turn on the "VTK_Group_Qt" CMake option, either
> in the gui, or by -D on the command line, then all the Qt-related modules
> will be enabled.
>
> In VTK 5.10, there were some other configure time options (I'd have to go
> look them up or try it out) to control building the Qt-related bits...
>
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> > John Drescher wrote:
> > > I had some trouble building a x64 version of Qt 5.0 beta2 but then
> > > after getting past that I found out that vtk-5.10.X would not work
> > > with Qt5 so it pretty much ended what I wanted to test since pretty
> > > much all of my current code uses vtk.
> >
> > I see. I just tried building VTK master in my Qt 4 environment, and I
> > can't
> > figure out how to build the Qt parts of it.
> >
> > I'm sure it's easy to port to Qt 5, but if I can't figure out how to build
> > the Qt parts at all, then I can't do that.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve.
> >

> > --
> >
> > Powered by www.kitware.com