[CMake] Testing Qt 5 RC 1 CMake files

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 12:02:17 EST 2012

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.buildsystem/7165/focus=41551

>> Now that Qt 5 beta 2 is out, I'd like to ask for feedback again on
>> anything that can still be changed before Qt 5.0. Note that Qt 5 beta 1
>> was broken regarding cmake files on Windows and Mac. As those are not
>> primary platforms for me, I'd particularly appreciate feedback on those.
>>
>> You can download Qt 5 beta 2 here:
>>
>>  http://qt-project.org/downloads
>>
>> Known issues are here:
>>
>>  http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt500beta2KnownIssues
>>
>> cmake related documentation is here:
>>
>>  http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/5.0/qtdoc/cmake-manual.html
>>
>> unit tests are here:
>>
>>  https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/trees/master/tests/auto/cmake
>>
>> Thanks for any feedback!
>>

> I will try to take a look at this on a windows 7 x64 test box when I can.

Thanks for the offer. Did anything come of this?

Note that an RC1 was released in the mean-time:

 http://qt-project.org/downloads

That does not change anything with regard to the CMake files however.

Another RC will be released in the coming days, and within about 2 weeks
we'll have the 5.0 final. Feedback is mostly welcomed before that.

Feedback on that release will be welcomed too of course, but if anything
needs changing, the release is already out so people will be already
affected :).

Thanks,

Steve.