[CMake] how to compile cmake itself as 64bit exe on SunOS/x86 ?

Martin Koller martin.koller at etm.at
Thu Dec 6 14:27:27 EST 2012

Hi,

I compiled cmake itself on SunOS/x86
I want to compile my apps in 64 bit mode, however linking with X11 does not work
as cmake finds /usr/lib/libX11.so which is the 32bit version, and the 64 bit version
is in /usr/lib/64/libX11.so

SunOS/x86 is a 64 bit OS, but the stupid Sun CC compiler still defaults to 32bit!

That means, cmake itself is now here a 32-bit exe. Is this the reason why it does not look
into the lib/64/ subdir ?
Setting the global property FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS does not help either as cmake checks its internal
CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P property, which is 4.

So I thought I compile cmake itself as 64 bit exe, which needs the -m64 flag for the compiler -
but: How do I pass this option to the bootstrap tool ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

This mail was not scanned before sending.
It was sent from a secure Linux desktop.