[CMake] ActiveQt with CMake?

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Dec 5 10:00:44 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm attempting to write a unit test for the Qt 5 ActiveQt module:
>
>  https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,41554
>
> The problem is that I don't have any prior experience with ActiveQt, and in
> particular ActiveQt with CMake.
>
> It seems that as part of the build, qmake is invoking the built executable
> with the -dumpidl command line option. Is a post-build step or a cpack
> macro
> or so needed for that kind of stuff? Has anyone using CMake with ActiveQt
> come up against that issue before? How did you solve it?

Take a look at this mail from 8 years ago, it explains all the steps and
the rationale and usefulness of each of them:

http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2004-05/thread00936-0.html

I think a few new macros (CMake, not CPack) are needed to generate the IDL,
then compile it to the type library (.tlb), then combine it with the
executable. Amb maybe even one that combines those three in one, which will
be what people usually do.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org