[CMake] using matlab mex compiler with cmake on windows

Jaka Katrašnik jaka.katrasnik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:13:03 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm having trouble using cmake to compile a matlab mex file. When I try to
to use cmake with the CC CXX environment variables set to mex I get the
following error

E:\Jaka_docs\cmake tutorial\step1>cmake .
-- Building for: Visual Studio 10
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDet
ermineCCompiler.cmake:44 (MESSAGE):
  Could not find compiler set in environment variable CC:

  mex.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:2 (project)

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:E:/Jaka_docs/cmake
tutorial/step1/
CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:E:/Jaka_docs/cmake
tutorial/step1/
CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake

Has anyone had a similar problem? Do you know of a solution to this?

Thank you
Jaka Katrasnik