[CMake] Indrect function calls

Firegurafiku firegurafiku at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 04:40:21 EDT 2011

> There are already these feature requests that seem to cover the exact
> same topic:
>
>  http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=11845
>  http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=4034

Yes, the second ticket has the same idea, but, as I can see, it was
completely rejected. I personally do not think that creating include
file for a single function is a "suitable workaround".

> I personally do not think that "EVAL" adds significant value to the
> CMake language. And I think it would introduce vastly more
> complexity/confusion than it could possibly be worth. But that's just
> my own personal 2 cents.
As for me, I don't think so. It will add extra flexibility by cost of
nothing. Writing complex/confusing code is easy in any language
regardless the presence of 'eval' or macro names expansion in it.

> Use tcl if you want eval.
Sounds like "See figure 1". Also, eval functionality isn't TCL
specific, it can be found in many languages from perl to javascript.

Thank you for your answers, guys.
----
Firegurafiku