[CMake] CMake v.2.8.4 & OpenSSL 1.0.0.d

Hauke Heibel hauke.heibel at googlemail.com
Sat May 28 08:27:37 EDT 2011

Hi,

I just tried to build CMake 2.8.4 on Win7 (MSVC 2010, x64) against
OpenSSL 1.0.0.d.

I built OpenSSL by hand and started the cmake-gui with the
-DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR set to the build directory and with an
appropriately configured CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH.

First, CMake failed because in Utilities\cmcurl\CMakeLists.txt (ll. 183ff)

FIND_LIBRARY(LIBEAY NAMES libeay32) and
FIND_LIBRARY(SSLEAY NAMES ssleay32)

failed. I fixed this by patching the CMakeLists.txt and adding the
appropriate PATHS statements for my system. I know, its a little bit
invasive but for the moment I did not care. I am wondering why you do
not use the results from find_package(OpenSSL). There you already
search for those libs and they were found on my system. Anyways, I
finally managed to create the project files to the MSVC2010, x64
generator.

Now, when I try to build, I am facing a bunch of compilation errors.
Some symbols cmcurl needs seem to have changed. E.g. SSL_CTX seems to
be undefined.

Could it be, that I am using a wrong OpenSSL version?
Did you ever test to build CMake against OpenSSL in x64 bit mode?

Any hints would be welcome since I would love to stick to my CDash behind https.

Regards,
Hauke