[CMake] Cannot find source file: *.rc

Aaron_Wright at selinc.com Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Wed May 25 17:40:58 EDT 2011

I use mc.exe to generate an *.rc file and some headers for my program. The
*.rc file is listed as an output of a custom command and as a source to an
executable. During configuration CMake tells me it can't find a source
file and lists the *.rc file. I've check the generated property of the
*.rc file and it is true, so why does CMake expect it to be present during
configuration?

I've tried to make a small example, but when I try to do that everything
works. What I'm looking for is a reason why it would only effect large
build systems on not small build system, or why does this only effect this
*.rc and none of the other twenty or thirty files I generate? Is there
something special about *.rc files?

I'm really just grabbing at straws here because I've been trying to fix
this for months, with no luck. So any ideas are welcome.

---
Aaron Wright
Software Engineer - Synchrophasors
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
Pullman, WA 99163
509-334-8087