[CMake] Parallel build & test problem

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Mon May 23 04:13:03 EDT 2011

Hi all,

A colleague of mine reported a bug in our CMake-base build system when
doing a parallel build of multiple targets where one of the targets is
'test'.

<quote>
        Running 'make -j16 tMutex test' (or any test other than tMutex)
        for example will result in building tMutex in parallel to
        testing it.

        Expected behaviour is first building tMutex, followed by running
        the tests.
</quote>

Is this indeed a bug? Either in our build system or in CMake?
AFAIK it is not possible to define dependencies between the 'test'
target and the target to build the test program. Correct?

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.

--
Marcel Loose
Senior Software Engineer, Computing Group R&D, Astron, the Netherlands