[CMake] Handle lib64 library on Linux

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun May 22 03:14:01 EDT 2011

2011/5/22 Sara Rolfe <smrolfe at u.washington.edu>:
> The latest version of CMake, cmake-2.8.4-Linux-i386.tar.gz does not looking
> in /lib64 paths.  Could you let me know which version of CMake you are
> referring to, that checks this path?

2.8.4 should definitely have this is the
FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS global property.

$ cmake --help-property FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS

  FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS
       Whether FIND_LIBRARY should automatically search lib64 directories.

       FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS is a boolean specifying whether the
       FIND_LIBRARY command should automatically search the lib64 variant of
       directories called lib in the search path when building 64-bit
       binaries.

This should be automatically set unless you are on Debian.
However like I said before the multilib/lib64 issue is more complex than that
so read the comments of the following bug report:

and may be related bugs therein and you should find the needed informations
including what works what does not.

That said may be you can give us a small precise example
(i.e. a strip down version of your CMakeLists.txt which exhibit the issue)
of what is not working for you and we may give more precise answer.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org