[CMake] Updated: CMake 2.8.4-1

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu May 19 22:21:02 EDT 2011

On 5/19/2011 2:58 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:

>> My bad, I will try to be better about it in the future. I have no good
>> excuse. :)
>
> Actually, I didn't mean to question why this Cygwin release of cmake
> was later than the normal release of cmake-2.8.4. (These things
> happen.) But the separate nature of all the Cygwin releases (not just
> this one) got me curious about whether there are any special
> circumstances for building cmake on Cygin compared to the other
> platforms you cover in your normal release. If there is nothing
> special (i.e., bog-standard cmake on Cygwin with no special
> configuration or patches), please let me know as well.

It is stock CMake.  It uses CPack to create the cygwin package stuff. I
have to send a few emails to get it into the setup.exe thing.  But, if
you just grabbed the source and did a build it would just work.  If you
ran cpack after, you could even have the same file that I update to
cygwin.  It is the few emails that slow me down, again not really a good
excuse... :)  With the other cmake builds, we just push them to
cmake.org and we are done...

-Bill