[CMake] Updated: CMake 2.8.4-1

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu May 19 14:11:05 EDT 2011

On 2011-05-19 10:55-0400 Bill Hoffman wrote:

> CMake 2.8.4-1  is now available on Cygwin mirrors.

Hi Bill:

Could you give some background information about why you create a
binary version of cmake for Cygwin that is separated in time and
location from the usual binaries that come with any release of cmake?

Could any Cygwin user create that binary using an older Cygwin cmake
binary + source code?  Or are additional Cygwin-only cmake source code
patches and/or special configuration required as well?

IOW, is there anything special going on here or is this just a routine
binary build of cmake for Cygwin users' convenience?

I am interested in the requested background information because I hope
to test builds of cmake, PLplot, and other software shortly under
wine/Cygwin.  (Similar to my earlier build tests of cmake, etc. on a
wine/MinGW/MSYS platform.)

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).