[CMake] Status of FindHDF5.cmake in CMake?

Will Dicharry wdicharry at stellarscience.com
Mon May 16 16:36:32 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I neglected the FindHDF5 module for a while because I was shifted to
another project that was kind of far from CMake work, but there were a
few requests for fixes features to the module. I think I have a file
that has the important ones. It's attached to this message. Brad, I know
I had CVS access, but I don't think I have Git access. If you'd like me
to push my commits, I can but I think I'd need you to reauthorize me to
do so.

The changes to this module are:
1. Tim Gallagher's (cc'd) patch to handle the HDF5 Fortran library.
2. hdf5_hl is now an optional component that can be requested like the
language bindings.
3. If I can find hdf5-config.cmake from the native HDF5 cmake build, I
use it.

I'd like it if the people I cc'd (who appear to be interested in at
least one of these features) could try it and see if it works for them.
I'd also like to know if I did #3 correctly, since there don't really
appear to be any modules in the CMake repository that wrap around config
files that don't set the variables defined in the Find module.

Thanks,
Will