[CMake] Forcing CMake to never search install path

Clifford Yapp cliffyapp at gmail.com
Mon May 16 16:08:57 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Alexander Neundorf
<a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:

> So you basically want an opposite to HINTS and PATHS, like e.g. EXCLUDE ?
> Doesn't sound too bad.

Yes, that would work - ideally though I'd like to EXCLUDE the path
from ALL finds by defining it once in the CMakeLists.txt file, instead
of per-find-command.

> If you know where your stuff will be, you could also use NO_DEFAULT_PATH and
> the add all the valid options for your case yourself.

Unfortunately, it's not that restricted.  I do need to search
"normally", but I need to do so WITHOUT returning the stale results in
an old install directory.

Cheers,
CY