[CMake] Getting closer building cmake-gui...

Dick Munroe munroe at csworks.com
Fri May 13 11:11:34 EDT 2011

I figured out you had to have the QT4 SDK on the system, downloaded and
installed that.  I configure cmake successfully and the cmake gui shows
up in my VS 2005 project.  When I try to build it though, the build for
cmake-gui fails when trying to run rcc.exe in the QT4 sdk.

After some poking around with dependency walker, it appears that two
DLLs aren't installed on my XP system:

IESHIMS.DLL
WER.DLL

both of which appear to be related to Vista rather than XP.

Am I hosed? is this a problem with the QT4 SDK? or is there some way to
get the right DLLs installed?  Downloading IESHIMS seems to work find,
but I'm faced with a bunch of different WER implementations, none of
which seem to be for XP.

Best,

Dick Munroe