[CMake] Testing for the presence of an element in a list

J.S. van Bethlehem j.s.van.bethlehem at astro.rug.nl
Tue May 10 06:35:14 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

A silly question maybe, but I'm pretty sure at some point I read in some
piece of CMake documentation about a direct way to test for the presence
of an element in some list. So the following in a single command:
list(FIND SOME_LIST TEST_ELEMENT TEST_INDEX)
if(${TEST_INDEX} EQUALS -1)
  set(FOUND_ELEMENT FALSE)
else(${TEST_INDEX} EQUALS -1)
  set(FOUND_ELEMENT TRUE)
endif(${TEST_INDEX} EQUALS -1)

If course I can always make this into a macro, but I'm pretty sure I
remember about some built-in functionality that does this. But I don't
remember where I read it and what the syntax would be (so it could very
well be it doesn't exist either and I'm confused with something else)
Any ideas?

Yours sincerely,
Jakob van Bethlehem