[CMake] Testing and DLLs

Hauke Heibel hauke.heibel at googlemail.com
Wed May 4 11:46:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am curious whether there is a common way of dealing with unit tests
when the actual project to be tested is a DLL? The issue I am facing
is a common Windows issue where the required DLL is not found in the
path.

I tried to put all binaries in the same directory by modifying
CMAKE_*_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY but that did not affect my tests (added via
add_test).

Another solution I can think of is running "make INSTALL" before
running the tests but that feels like a strange approach since I
typically want to test before installing.

Its also not really possible to adapt the PATH environment variable -
how could I possible guess where somebody is going to build my code!?

So again, I am really curious if there is a well working solution.

Regards,
Hauke