[CMake] CDash Dynamic Analysis

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon May 2 10:25:28 EDT 2011

You are asking in the right place.

Unfortunately, you appear to be a member of a very elite (i.e., small) group
of people. The group building custom tools. Most people just want to know
how to *use* valgrind on their project, not how to write their own analysis
tools and integrate them.

Usually, only the people who know how to answer a question are willing to
chime in. In your case, I think there just isn't anybody here who has a
ready answer for you.

The problem, as usual, is busy-ness / lack of time. I would love to dig in
and figure out what sorts of problems you'd have building a new tool and
figuring out how to integrate it in to be used by cmake or ctest, or simply
to provide the right output format for cdash consumption. But I simply don't
have the time for it.

If nobody answers your questions on the list, simply assume that nobody
knows the answer, and you're going to have to read the available
documentation and, if there's nothing there... then dig into the source code
of the projects and analyze how they work.

If your tool is available for public consumption (open source, free) then
consider posting a link to it here, and see if you can garner any volunteers
for helping you test it out. If it is available, I'd like to take a look at
it. If you have any specific questions about how something works in the
source code for CMake, CTest or CDash, please keep asking. You never know
when the person with the answer will be reading the mailing list in the
future.

Hope this is helpful,
David Cole