[CMake] File remove_recurse doesn't on OSX

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Mar 16 13:46:56 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth <kbelco at sandia.gov> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A quick bug report with CMake 2.8.4 on OSX 10.5.8 built with Intel 11.0.064.
>  This command works fine
>
> file(REMOVE ${Bwr_Files})
>
> while this one fails.
>
> file(REMOVE_RECURSE ${Bwr_Files})
>
> And by fails I mean it doesn't remove any files at all, much less
> recursively.  This should be easy to reproduce, do I need to file a bug or
> can this get fixed for 2.8.5?
>
> -- Noel

> Powered by www.kitware.com

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

What is the value of "${Bwr_Files}"?

The arguments to file(REMOVE_RECURSE are intended to be directory
names. Are they?

Is the Mac file system in question case-sensitive, or
case-insensitive? (By default, most Macs are case-insensitive... and
we've had other reports of file weirdnesses on
case-sensitive-file-system-based Macs -- we do not have one of these
presently here at Kitware, so it's hard for us to repro any such bugs
to figure out if there is a good fix or not. Suggestions welcome.)

Thanks,
David