[CMake] Fortran good and bad

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Mar 1 10:55:56 EST 2011

I think that the cmVisualStudio10TargetGenerator.cxx would be the most
likely place for the fortran support to be added.  They should be close
to what is done in the cmLocalVisualStudio7Generator for fortran support.

OK, that's what I ended up doing. I generated a simple fortran project using visual studio, examined the xml generated and am basically pasting chunks of it into the generator to mimic the output, except where we need to change flag/files - using the 7Generatior as a basis for ideas.

I wasn't quite sure if there was some plan to have a CxxTargetGenerator, FortranTargetGenerator, Library/Exe or other abstractions - I still haven't looked at the code much as I'm just experimenting with this between other projects.

thanks

JB