[CMake] tests running out of order on cmake

j s j.s4403 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:46:07 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com> wrote:
> If the tests depend on each other, you *must* tell CTest so, by setting
> the DEPENDS property using the set_tests_properties() function.
>
> Normally, running tests in arbitrary order is considered to be a
> feature, helping you to not to introduce accidental dependencies.

I respectfully disagree.  It is a bug, which had been marked as major
severity, as noted by the link in my previous email.  I have 85
regressions, and the first ones run the fastest, so I immediately know
if there is a problem.  Now that I am aware of set_test_properties,
I'll set them for the tests that need them.  When not running tests in
parallel, which is always, they need to run in the exact order
specified.  It is only a feature, if there is a default option like
schedule_sequential, which allows the program to work as I had come to
expect over the past 6 years.

Juan