[CMake] depend.mk doesn't include /usr/local headers

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 18:33:20 EDT 2011

I've just spent several hours chasing down a problem that was related to
cmake makefiles not detecting a change in a header in /usr/local.  I would
build a new version of a library, run 'make install' which would put it into
/usr/local, then rebuild my project.  I mistakenly assumed that if one of
the headers that was installed had changed then my code would be
recompiled.  Is there a way to ask CMake to add dependencies to files in
/usr/local or files under a specific directory automatically?

Thanks,
James