[CMake] Build flags when using Qt plugins (was: Where is QT_USE_IMPORTED_TARGETS not safe to use?)

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:21:51 EDT 2011

Clinton Stimpson wrote:

>> And all unit tests then fail with MinGW. The errorString() reported is:
>>
>> QDEBUG : TestBuiltinSyntax::testInsignificantWhitespace(insignificant-
>> whitespace43) Object QObject(0x0)  "The plugin
>> 'C:/software/grantlee/qtcreator-
build/grantlee/0.1/grantlee_defaulttags.dll
>> ' uses incompatible Qt library. (Cannot mix debug and release
>> libraries.)"
>>

>> Is this unexpected? I'm not familiar enough with windows tools to inspect
>> the binaries and see what's going on. Any help appreciated.
>>

> Do you have a way to check the actual compile flags used to build the
> code?
>
> Clint

I did two clean builds with

cmake .. -G "MinGW Makefiles" && mingw32-make VERBOSE=1

The output is attached, but I'm not certain it's very helpful. Let me know
if anything else would be useful. I can maybe try to create a smaller plugin
using qt example for easy reproduction of the issue.

Thanks,

Steve.