[CMake] Test-specific configuration

Tim Gallagher tim.gallagher at gatech.edu
Mon Jun 20 20:50:06 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to set up automated testing of our code with CTest (we are using CMake), but I'm running into some issues I can't figure out the correct way to solve. Many of our tests require specific sets of options to be turned on/off in the configuration step.

How is this done? We've used CTest for a much simpler code and there we created a bunch of different driver programs for unit tests that we added with add_executable() and add_test(), but there were no configuration options that changed for each test.

In this case, if we have, say, 10 tests, each test will need a configure/build/run step with different options for configuration. What needs to go in the CMakeLists.txt?

These will be submitted to CDash also, if that changes things.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim