[CMake] How to test a local git branch

Esztermann, Ansgar Ansgar.Esztermann at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Fri Jun 17 06:46:03 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

some time ago, I've set up automated nightly builds of an open-source project (with CTest and CDash). CTest support isn't in upstream, so I have created a "ctest" branch in git, pulling every night from upstream. A while ago, I noticed that all my test were gone -- indeed, the whole branch and its history were gone.
Some investigation revealed that CTest does this on purpose (fetch and reset --hard instead of pull or fetch and merge) so "that the upstream branch is tested as expected."

Is it possible to test a local branch? How would I do that?

Thanks a lot,

A.

--
Ansgar Esztermann