[CMake] FindBoost PATH_SUFFIXES fix

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Thu Jun 16 01:25:47 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Todd Gamblin <tgamblin at llnl.gov> wrote:

Hi Todd,
I'm the FindBoost maintainer.

I was somewhat perplexed that FindBoost doesn't properly search the default
> install layout of the boost-cmake build.  i.e. if you set BOOST_ROOT to
> point to something that looks like this:

<snip>
>  things will break.  This is, unfortunately, the default install layout for
> the CMake build of boost.  The script only checks path suffixes under the
> *include* directory, and it expects them to use underscores instead of
> periods, e.g.:

I'm not sure exactly why boost-cmake decided to make their output
directories use periods instead of underscores.  It seems like a first step
towards replacing bjam would at least be to match its install path format,
but I digress.

I've pasted below a patch that adds the version numbers with periods to the
> list of searched path suffixes, and that uses the path suffix list for both
> the library search and the header search.  Any objections to my submitting
> this as a topic branch and pushing it out to next?  I'm not sure I have
> permission to do that with the FindBoost module, so let me know what the
> right procedure is.

The patch looks good.  Feel free to submit it and push it to next.

Thanks for asking for permission, by the way.  In general, feel free to
propose changes via email or even topic stages for FindBoost.  I do welcome
the help.  I would like to review changes before they are pushed to next
though (mainly to prevent people from breaking things).

--
Philip Lowman