[CMake] Please help with procedure for making contributions

Steven Velez sbv1976 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 20:48:16 EDT 2011

Hi All,

After having searched the cmake web site and wiki, I have been unable
to find a documented procedure for submitting patches to CMake.   Via
brwosing the bug tracker and watching this list, it seems generally
apparent that a non-committer who wants to make a contribution simply
opens an issue and attaches his (or her) patch.  Is that all there is
to it?

I imagine that like most developers working for an organization
focusing on closed source software, everything I produce is legally
theirs, so I have been very careful about getting permission from them
to make a contribution.  However, they would like me to be completely
sure of all formalities that must be followed in doing so.  For
example, do you have contributors sign an assignment of copyright or
some other contributor's agreement?  Are there any cases in which
contributions will not be covered by the same "BSD" license that CMake
is covered by. (be aware, that my patch is very small, and we are just
crossing t's).

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steven